Stylebook is made to help you manage your closet. It has multiple aspects that helps you organise your clothes completely, including a virtual calendar, packing list, style stats and inspiration. The first step is to add all your clothes to the app. This can get quite tedious and may take a while if your wardrobe is large, but it's a one-time thing. After that you can just add the new clothes as you buy them. I have some tips for this stage at the end of the post.
After that, you can start creating 'looks'. These looks can be added to the calendar so you can see exactly how often you are wearing one item of clothing, or exactly what you wore on x day. Another part of this app called 'style stats' allows you to see what you wear the most, what you've never wore, what clothing was the best value and more.
There is also a packing list feature in this app. This allows you to add looks and items of clothing to trips which can really help with packing! This is perfect to aid with minimal packing.
I really love this app. I have it on my iPad and iPhone; I mostly use it on iPad simply because of the bigger screen. The 'wifi accept' feature allows you to transfer items of clothing between devices so you can use more than one device, however I think having an online account and wireless and automatic syncing would be a more efficient way of doing this.
Overall I would say this is a really great app and definitely worth having. The only improvement I think this app could benefit from is better syncing, but other than that its near perfect! The features of this app are great and there are no similar apps of the same quality. Fantastic app, easy to use and nice design.
Tips for adding clothes on the app:
- Find basics in the shop section of the app, as the photos will be better and it's easier to add them in. I added jeans, vests, t-shirts, shirts and other simple clothes this way.
- When photographing your own clothes, use a better quality camera if you can, then import the photos to your device because your clothes will look better. Use good lighting.
- Use a contrasting background to your clothes so adding them is quicker as the background is removed instantly.
- If you have an iPad, use this when adding clothes as it's so much easier with a bigger screen!
- For new clothes, try and find a picture online and import that. Polyvore.com can be useful for this.
Have you tried this app and what did you think?