One of my favourite things to do on a cold, drizzly afternoon is bake. Blondies are great to bake because chances are you already have the ingredients in, so a trip to the shops isn't necessary and they're super adaptable. Tom and I whipped up these gorgeous banana blondies last weekend. This recipe I found on cookiesandcups is a little different to the one I usually use, but they turned out soooo good. They're also pretty easy too.
Recipe (recipe card below):
- Melt (or brown* - if you're feeling adventurous) your butter and mix it with the brown sugar.
- Add the other ingredients and your mashed banana and mix it in with the butter + sugar.
- Spread it into a lined pan
- Bake + wait + gaze into the oven until they're done (about 25 minutes of sweet torture)
- Make the brown sugar frosting and spread it on the blondies once they're cooled. Drizzle some melted chocolate to make them look fancy.
- Cut them into squares and tuck in.
* browning the butter = once butter is melted in the saucepan continue cooking and it in the pan until it reaches a deep golden brown colour.